There are a few skincare hacks that you may come as a surprise to you and if not, will benefit you in the most amazing ways! Here are 9 secrets you’ll be trying out in your next skincare regimen.
1) Ditch your shaving cream for conditioner instead- we’re not kidding! Not only does it smell incredible, it will soften the hair on your legs making it easier to shave. Plus, your legs will feel ultra silky and smooth.
2) It seems that Pepto-Bismol isn’t just useful for upset stomachs. You can use it as a facial mask as long as you’re not allergic to aspirin. It contains salicylic acid and aspirin, which helps reduces inflammation. It also contains hydroxyl acid which unclogs pores and helps achieve glowing skin. Just try to stay away from it if you are allergic to aspirin.
3) No matter what the weather or season, wear sunscreen every single day. The sun’s harmful UV rays can still damage your skin equally during winter as it can during summer.
4) When applying body lotion, pay special attention to your elbows and knees. They tend to get dry easily so be sure to be generous when applying lotion in those areas.
5) Don’t pop your pimples no matter how tempted you are. Apply a bit of toothpaste before you go to bed and wash it off with lukewarm water in the morning. Toothpaste will dry the skin and minimize the pimple.
6) For a quick fix for an oily face, use tissue paper to blot away excess oil. Tissue paper absorb the same way as blotting papers, they’re just a cheaper alternative!
7) Here’s a cheap but luxurious way to enjoy a spa day in your own home. Put your favourite body lotion in the microwave for 10 seconds. Make sure the oils in the lotion have not separated or that it isn’t too hot. Apply the lotion onto your skin and indulge.
8) Buff away dry, winter skin with an exfoliator. Make sure to exfoliate both your skin and face once or twice a week to keep your skin glowing and dewy.
9) Don’t over-moisturize your face! A dime-sized amount is all you need for your cheeks, nose, chin and forehead.