For many women, even non-invasive cosmetic procedures are too costly, time consuming, or painful. If this rings true for you, the fountain of youth is not an elusive goal. There are “good old fashioned” solutions to father time and some new ones too.
It’s true, you are what you eat. Or to be more exact, you look like what you eat. In a nut shell, this means that when you consume unhealthy foods, you look awful.
Franci Cohen is a New York personal trainer, certified nutritionist, exercise physiologist and creator of SPIDERBANDS®. Here are some of Franci’s suggestions:
• SKIP THE SUGAR – Sugar in your bloodstream forms molecules that damages proteins like collagen and elastin. When you say goodbye to collagen and elastin, you say hello to wrinkles. Reach for foods that will enhance moisture, like cucumbers and spinach, which both consist of more than 90% water.
• AVOID OVERLY SALTY FOODS – Salt dehydrates and can lead to bloat and puffiness, especially around the eyes. Instead of chips and other salty foods, opt for wholegrain pretzels with sesame seeds or choose olives. Olives are naturally salty and they contain fiber.
• STEER CLEAR OF FRIED ANYTHING – Fried foods clog your arteries and stiffen your blood cells, making your skin look dull. Choose brown rice, which contains ceramides that make skin smooth and supple. And tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant that helps protect skin against harmful UV rays.
Age and poor food choices are not the only culprit of wrinkles and neither are genetics. There are factors that come into play caused by one’s lifestyle and beauty habits that can exacerbate the aging process.
Dr. Mirwat Sami is a Houston Board-certified Ophthalmologist specializing in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. She explains that, “It is the skin’s elasticity which prevents unwanted lines and furrows from forming, and keeps skin from sagging. Although wrinkles naturally develop with age, there are bad habits you can break to stop being a skin saboteur.” Dr. Mirwat suggests:
• DON’T SLEEP ON YOUR SIDE OR STOMACH – You might get a good night’s sleep on your sides and tummy but you’re unnecessarily stressing your skin. Fetal and tummy positions when sleeping cause uneven blood circulation which locks up nourishment, blood, and oxygen on some parts of your body while depriving other body parts, including skin and causing it to become wrinkled. Dr. Sami says that, “Not only do these sleeping positions cause wrinkles, poor blood circulation causes fluids to be stuck around your eyes. This contributes to the formation of eye bags and dark under eye circles that make you look tired and older. Additionally, sleeping on the face or on one side can result in worsening of age-related descent of our features.”
• ALWAYS REMOVE MAKEUP AT NIGHT – When you sleep in your makeup, you’re basically asking for wrinkles. The makeup and environmental pollutants you accumulate during the day seep into your pores, breaking down collagen and elastin. This can speed up the aging process and leave you
with fine lines and wrinkles
• TRY TO LIMIT CENTRAL HEATING -The central heating and air conditioning systems that many of us use at home and at work can severely dry out skin, leading to premature aging and wrinkles. To help keep skin youthful and soft, try turning down the heat. Keeping a glass of water in the room can also increase humidity, while wearing a protective face cream can help relieve dryness.
INSTANT FIX MAKEUP- NO Botox Required
Making better food choices and breaking bad lifestyle habits take time and practice. For those people who like instant gratification, there is WorryLess.
Developed by Hollywood makeup and special effects artists, it uses medical grade silicone to simulate skin—filling and concealing frown lines between your eyebrows instantly! WorryLess is the first and only topical dermal filler created to virtually erase glabella lines (the deep vertical lines between your eyebrows).
Upon application, the silicone transforms from a liquid to a flexible rubber-like consistency, which simulates skin. It seamlessly fills in the deep crevices and because it is translucent, allows your skin to shine through. The result? Perfectly, smooth realistic looking skin. The Product also states that it is non- irritating and waterproof.
How to Apply in 3 Easy Steps
Step 1: Prime. Brush on Primer over the areas you wish to conceal. Let it dry for 30 seconds.
Step 2: Apply. Apply a small amount to the skin using the pointed precision application tool. With a spatula tool or a finger, blend the edges into the skin.
Step 3: Texture. Place Skin Texture Pad over the area. Press around the edges. Hold in place for about a minute.