If enlarged pores are ruining the look of your flawless red lip and dramatically defined eyes, it may be time to invest in a product that can minimize the look of pores. These beauty buys often come in the form of a balm or serum, and aim to conceal those dreaded oversized pores which often affect oily to combination skin. Here’s our roundup of a few top pore minimizers to add to your makeup bag this spring.
1) Clinique ‘Pore Refining Solutions’ Instant Perfector, $27: This pore refining perfector is available in two shades (a pale Invisible Light and a deeper Invisible Deep). For subtle coverage, try the neutral Invisible Bright shade. The perfector offers a matte look, and claims to minimize pores by 50 per cent.
2) Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion, $31: This pore perfecting primer is created with antioxidant-rich olive fruit oil, and can be worn either under foundation or on its own for an au naturel feel. The product itself is a gel in a pocket-sized tube, and can easily be squeezed out for a skin touch-up.
3) Brandt Pore No More Pore Refiner, $35: This pore refiner from Dr. Brandt Skincare contains tea tree oil, an antibacterial ingredient which can fight acne and clarify skin. Flaxseed extract in the formula aims to absorb excess oil for a smooth complexion. Meanwhile, tiny spherical particles called microspheres reflect light away from those annoying large pores or skin imperfections.
4) Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional, $37: This balm-based primer from Benefit claims to hide both pesky pores and irritating fine lines. The formula is enriched with Vitamin E, which shields the skin from free radical damage on cells. This pore minimizing product can be applied over the T-Zone (the area between your forehead and nose) to reduce the look of oily pores. Use a slight amount before applying makeup, or over your makeup for a quick finishing touch.
5) PERRICONE MD Intensive Pore Minimizer, $55: For beauty addicts who are looking to actively tackle their pore woes, this clarifying toner promises “three modes of action. The triple threat minimizer exfoliates the skin, offers sagging pore walls a firming lift and targets the skin’s oil production. It’s made with DMAE, a natural compound with anti-aging benefits. The key ingredients also include the antioxidant alpha lipoic acid and salicylic acid for clear skin.