You can encourage your baby to develop new skills through play.
- You may lie down next to him on one side, and encourage him to roll over to get closer to you.
- If you notice that the baby is trying to do so, you may wiggle a toy, or clap next to the side he is about to roll on.
- Applauding and smiling will also motvate him to learn new skills.
Some babies develop skills slowly; there is nothing to worry about this.
Rolling over is really fun, but you need to take certain safety precautions for your child.
- Never leave your baby alone and unattended on a bed, table, or any other elevated surface.
- While trying to roll over, the baby may fall down. So, make sure he is constantly on a padded surface while doing so, to avoid bumps.
- You should always keep your hand on him during diaper changes, as a measure of caution.
Your kid’s first rolling-over experience should be enjoyable for him as well as you. Hence, it should not result in a serious injury.