Whether your Summer 2015 plans involve soaking up the sun’s rays at the beach or sipping cocktails on the patio, it’s clear that warmer temperatures call for strappy wedges—and exposed toes! If you haven’t had a pedicure since last year, it may be time to treat yourself to an at-home foot treatment to prepare your toes for summertime. Here’s our roundup of foot creams and balms to try now.
1) CAUDALIE Foot Beauty Cream, $15: Created by French skincare line Caudalie, this foot cream smoothes and moisturizes the skin without leaving a greasy texture. It is made with Vinolevure, an ingredient that is taken from wine yeast during the winemaking process. Grapeseed oil and fair trade shea butter lend the formula extra moisturizing power.
2) The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Rescue Treatment, $19: This foot treatment from The Body Shop promises to cool and deodorize the feet with its key ingredient of Community Trade peppermint oil. The product is also made with Community Trade cocoa butter and sweet almond oil, which moisturize, while grape extract exfoliates the skin.
3) AHAVA Deadsea Water Mineral Foot Cream, $22: For anyone who struggles with rough soles, this foot cream by Ahava is made with Dead Sea minerals and offers a soothing effect to feet. It contains a mix of avocado, wheat germ, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil and aloe vera, and the formula also includes salicylic acid to increase collagen production and exfoliate the skin. Tea tree oil in the cream offers antibacterial and antifungal benefits.
4) L’Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream, $30: This foot care buy from L’Occitane promises to repair damaged, dry skin on the feet and heels. It’s made with 15 per cent shea butter, lavender essential oil and mint essential oil, and also contains arnica extract, which is derived from the Arnica Montana plant and is said to offer anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin.
5) Clarisonic Pedi-Balm, $32: Created with shea butter, honey and apricot, this foot balm also has shea butter to moisturize feet, and the honey for hydrating properties. The antioxidant-rich apricot oil also shields and protects skin.