After a night out of partying, it can be tempting to jump right into bed, but if you do, there’s a high chance you’ll see a pimple or two the next morning.
No matter how lazy you are, you need to establish a daily night routine to ensure a blemish-free and clean face. It’s super important to get all of that makeup off so your pores don’t get blocked and you don’t wake up with black mascara and day old foundation all over your satin pillow. That should be enough to get you straight to the bathroom no matter how tired you are!
Here is a simple five step process on the right way to take care of your skin.
1) Remove your eye makeup completely with eye makeup remover. We recommend trying specialty formulated to remove eye makeup as well as lipstick! This product will not leave your eye area feeling oily.
SHISEIDO Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover – Hudson’s Bay – $30.00
2) Cleanse your face with a cleaner designed to remove any dirt and impurities. We recommend Kiehls Ultra Facial Cleanser. This gentle and frothy wash is good for all skin types, tackling both dry and oily areas. Your skin will thank you later.
Kiehl’s Since 1851 Ultra Facial Cleanser – Nordstrom – $12.70
3) Follow up with a toner. After a night out with a face full of makeup, we recommend Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Clarity Activating Toner. This toner will gently re-texturize your skin and will ensure noticeably cleaner and smoother skin.
KIEHL’S SINCE 1851 Clearly Corrective Clarity-Activating Toner – Hudson’s Bay – $48.00
4) Now that all of that makeup is off, it’s time to moisturize. We recommend Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Deep Moisture Clarifying Cream, perfect for both day and night. It contains white birch which offers intense 24 hour hydration. It also contains salicylic acid which helps hide dark spots and discolouration.
KIEHL’S SINCE 1851 Clearly Corrective Deep Moisture Clarifying Cream – Hudson’s Bay – $66.00
5) Lastly, don’t forget the importance of eye cream. Try Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Concentrate which contains essential oils and botanicals to help maintain a youthful looking eye. If used often (and you should be doing this often), it will slowly diminish the look of fine lines, dark circles and puffiness.
Kiehl’s Since 1851 ‘Midnight Recovery’ Eye Concentrate – Nordstrom – $45.73
Apply some lip balm and you’re ready for bed. Sweet dreams!