With the ability to repair the skin’s surface and prepare your visage for a makeup application, a good quality toner can be an essential for your beauty bag. If you’re aiming to bring your skin care routine to the next level, a toner can offer your skin a boost of antioxidants and the benefits of ceramides. Here are five toners to consider adding to your spring makeup regimen.
1) The Body Shop Nutriganics Refreshing Toner, $9.00: For beauty lovers with sensitive skin, this organic refreshing toner claims that it will wash away makeup and refresh the skin, without a drying effect. It’s made Community Trade organic babassu oil from Brazil, which offers lightweight moisture. The organic Swiss mallow flower in the formula contains Vitamins A, B and C, while the organic aloe vera soothes dry skin. The formula also includes damask rose, geranium, thyme, fennel and orange essential oils for fragrance.
2) Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner, $20: With an ultimate goal of healing damaged skin cells, this toner from skin care line Paula’s Choice states that is also free of colouring or fragrance. Other than reducing the look of pores, it’s also made for both combination and oily skin types. The key ingredients include antioxidant Vitamin C, adenosine triphosphate (which offers energy to the skin cells), and ceramides. Glycerin helps the skin stay moisturized, while the herb chamomile offers anti-inflammatory powers.
3) Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Purifying Toner, $29.50: With two skin care phases, this double duty toner claims to both cleanse and soothe the skin. The botanical Phase One of the toner includes extracts of chamomile, sage, rosemary, mallow and sambucus. Phase Two is boosted with ceramides, which are found naturally in the skin cells and tend to disappear as skin matures. As waxy lipid molecules, ceramides help to shield the skin and keep it looking rejuvenated.
4) Lancôme Tonique Confort Comforting Rehydrating Toner, $36: For anyone striving to bring moisture back into their complexion, a rehydrating toner may be a great solution. This product from Lancôme is made with honey, which offers moisture and is enriched with antioxidants. Meanwhile, the sweet almond extract in the formula contains vitamins A, B and E.
5) Dr. Hauschka Skin Care Facial Toner, $36: This vegan toner from natural cosmetics brand Dr. Hauschka claims to make enlarged pores look smaller. It is created with anthyllis extract, which is derived from the medicinal Anthyllis vulneraria plant and has anti-inflammatory skin benefits. The toner also includes witch hazel extract, an astringent liquid made from the witch hazel plant which can help to tighten and cleanse skin.